I’m still mourning over the loss of Sophie this weekend. Electronic music lost a true innovator.
One the best songs of all time, and this performance is ❤️.
As strange as 2020 was I couldn’t finish the year without doing the regular exercise of reflecting on my favourite albums of the year. And here they are:
- Vaiapraia – 100% Carisma
- Tame Impala – The Slow Rush
- Perfume Genius – Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
- Dirty Projectors – 5EPs
- Touché Amoré – Lament
- Arca – KiCk i
- Future Islands – As Long As You Are
- Jessie Ware: What’s Your Pleasure?
- 070 Shake – Modus Vivendi
- Fleet Foxes – Shore
- Adrianne Lenker – songs
- Filipe Sambado – Revezo
- Fiona Apple – Fetch the Bolt Cutters
- Soccer Mommy – color theory
- Dehd – Flower of Devotion
- Haim – Women in Music Pt. III
- Grimes – Miss Anthropocene
- U.S. Girls – Heavy Light
- Phoebe Bridgers – Punisher
- Son Lux – Tomorrows I
InHerSight’s Emily McCrary-Ruiz-Esparza discusses what happened in a former job when she was asked to lie about work that was done.
Every year I go through the exercise of highlighting the albums I enjoyed the most. Here’s the list for this year:
- Car Seat Headrest – Twin Fantasy
- Ty Segall – Freedom’s Goblin
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Sex & Food
- Beach House – 7
- Father John Misty – God’s Favorite Customer
- MGMT – Little Dark Age
- Japanese Breakfast – Soft Sounds From Another Planet
- Natalie Prass – The Future and the Past
- Lucy Dacus – Historian
- Jon Hopkins – Singularity
Here’s my list from last year.